The editors of TRANSFORMATIONS: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy seek articles (5,000-10,000 words) and media essays (overviews on books, film, video, performance, art, music, websites, etc. 3,000 to 5,000 words), and items for the “Material Culture of Teaching” section, that explore teaching and religion. This issue will be guest edited by Kristi Upson-Saia.
Submissions should explore strategies for teaching about religion in the classroom and in non-traditional spaces (such as the media and public discourse). We welcome jargon-free essays from all disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives.
Transformations is a journal which invites college teachers to take pedagogy seriously as a topic of scholarly articles.
Transformations publishes only essays that focus on pedagogy.
For submission guidelines go to: http://web.njcu.edu/sites/transformations/
Deadline: November 15, 2013
Possible topics for pedagogy-related articles:
• The politics of teaching religion
• Teaching about religion in literature, film, and other arts
• Religion, gender, and schooling
• Religion and war
• Religion and education in cross-cultural and international contexts.
• Teaching and studying in religious institutions
• Religious literacy
• Religious controversy in the classroom
• Religious symbols in the classroom
• Religious profiling in and around schools
• Teaching with religious rituals, traditions, and practices
• Religion in the K-12 classroom
• Teaching with religious texts or archives in secular contexts
• Religious fundamentalism in the classroom
• Atheism in the classroom
• Teaching religion and sexuality
• Religion and home schooling.
• Religion, education, and social class
Past issues of Transformations include: Teaching Food, Teaching Feelings, Teaching Digital Media, Teaching Sex, and Teaching Earth. Please familiarize yourself with the journal before submitting.
Visit our website to order past issues.
Send submissions or inquiries in MLA format (7th ed.) as attachments in MS Word (.doc) or Rich Text format to:
Jacqueline Ellis and Ellen Gruber Garvey, Editors, transformationsATnjcu.edu. Author(s) name and contact information should be included on a SEPARATE page.
Visit the website at http://web.njcu.edu/sites/transformations/