|January 22, 2013||to||February 10, 2013|
This global education online learning course is designed for education practitioners, social workers, civil society, youth activists, as well as policy and decision makers, local authorities and intercultural cities. The course has been developed in partnership between the North-South Centre (NSC), and The Network University.
This course explores the ways of addressing the issues in theory and practice, reflecting on the ideal state considering the evidence from the reality, and developing new ways of understanding and promoting human rights education in the contexts of the participants.
The specific contents include:
- Introduction to the intercultural dimension of global education
- Reflecting on the needs for intercultural global education
- Reviewed concepts approaches to intercultural global education
- Understanding of existing intercultural education in practice
- Dilemmas and challenges in policy development towards intercultural education
- Development of strategies for intercultural political education
- Rights-based approaches to social and political action
The next course takes place from 18 February to 15 March, 2013.
The deadline for submitting the complete application is 10 February, 2013. The possibility to register for this courses has been opened. For more information please go to the application page.
If you would like more information do not hesitate to contact one of the course tutors at icd (at) netuni.nl.