|July 11, 2013||to||July 14, 2013|
This conference is organized in partnership with Waseda University (Japan), Birkbeck University of London (UK), The National Institute of Education (Singapore), The National University of Tainan (Taiwan), University of Lincoln (UK), the Hong Kong Institute of Education, Auburn University (USA), and its global partners.
Education and lifelong learning can be seen as a solution to a host of local and global problems whilst globalized education systems are becoming increasing socially, ethnically and culturally diverse. The Inaugural European Conference on Education extends these discussions to consider the pedagogic challenges of developing trans-formative spaces for learning and teaching.
Submissions are encouraged taking up the following sub-themes, although submission of other topics for consideration is also welcome:
- Challenges and transformations in learning and teaching
- Virtual spaces: digital technologies and communications
- Connections and disconnections in learning and teaching
- Learning and teaching in glocal spaces of transformation
- Space, Architecture and Learning
- Global education and education for sustainable development
- ‘Englishes’ and cultural communications
- (Inter)cultural communications & understanding: challenging and preserving cultural differences
- Leadership in learning and teaching
- Bi-cultural, bilingual and bi-national education