|March 10, 2012||to||March 30, 2012|
The Conference on Islam/Religion in the Neoliberal Age: Conflicts and Affinities calls for article abstracts on the following topics:
1) New forms of governmentality, regarding individual and public religious practice
2) Varied meanings and practices of piety within the context of economic globalization
3) Emergent public spaces and publics
4) Social welfare, philanthropy, and civil society
4) Marginalization, disadvantage, and political dissent
5) Religious (and secular) activism
6) Gender, sexuality, and ethnicity as markers or agents of change in the overlapping sphere of religion and political-economy
7) Ethical dilemmas of responding to neoliberal reforms and practices
250-word submissions with contact information and a brief bio are encouraged to be sent to both: Damla Isik (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Öykü Potuoglu-Cook (email@example.com) by 30 March 2012 the latest.
Those who are included in the panel must become AAA members (or renew their memberships) and register for the conference prior to 15 April 2012 which is the deadline for panel submissions.