The Seventh Al-Jami’ah Forum will be held on the theme “Religious Authority, Piety and Activism: Ulama in Contemporary Muslim Societies,” 28-30 November, 2014, in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
This conference will bring together scholars and researchers from various scientific and nationality backgrounds to share their research interests and findings pertaining to the role of ulama in different Muslim societies. The forum deals with, but will not be restricted to, issues, such as:
1. Ulama, State and Politics
2. Ulama, Islamic activism, and Counter-Radicalism
3. Ulama and Shari‘a Economics
4. Ulama, Women, and Gender Issues
5. Ulama and Social-Humanitarian Activities
6. Ulama, Culture and New Media
For more information, please visit the website.