|January 11, 2014||to||February 1, 2014|
The Center for the Study of Christianity at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship in one of the following areas of study:
- New Testament, Early Christianity, its literature and Jewish context
- Eastern Christianity
- Christianity in Palestine/Eretz-Israel (in all fields and throughout its entire history)
- Jewish-Christian relations
What the CSC is offering:
The successful candidate will be awarded for one year (or 6 months), beginning on 1 October 2014, a grant of $2000 per month, travel expenses, and library privileges at the Hebrew University?
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to pursue her/his own research and publications, and to participate in the ongoing academic activities of the CSC. The fellow will be expected to deliver one or two lectures about her/his own research, and to be present in the Hebrew University for the duration of the fellowship. The fellowship requires residence in Jerusalem.
Candidates should have received their Ph.D. degree after 1 July 2001 and before 1 July 2014 at the latest, from an institution other than the Hebrew University.
1. A letter of interest including an indication of the other institutes to which she/he have applied (maximum of 500 words)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. A list of publications
4. A research project description (maximum of 1000 words)
5. Two letters of recommendation (one from her/his Ph.D. supervisor)
6. An official copy of her/his Ph.D. degree certificate or Ph.D. submission
All application materials must be submitted via the online application form available here:
The letters of recommendation should be sent by the evaluators directly to our e-mail address: <cscATmail.huji.ac.il>.
Receipt of reference letters will be required for consideration of the application.
Deadline for applications: 1 February 2014. A decision will be announced by April 2014.
For questions or further information, you may contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.